1. Acceptance of Terms
These Terms of Service (the “Terms”) are intended to make you aware of your legal rights and responsibilities with respect to your access to and use of the Eat Me App, website at http://www.eatmeglobal.com the “Site”) and any related mobile or software applications (“Eat Me Platform”) including but not limited to delivery of information via the website whether existing now or in the future that link to the Terms (collectively, the “Services”).
These Terms are effective for all existing and future Eat Me users, including but without limitation to Restaurant Owners having access to ‘restaurant business page’ to manage their claimed business listings.
By accessing or using the Eat Me Platform, you are agreeing to these Terms and concluding a legally binding contract with Eat Me Global Pvt. Ltd. and/or its affiliates (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Eat Me”). You may not use the Services if you do not accept the Terms or are unable to be bound by the Terms. Your use of the Eat Me Platform is at your own risk, including the risk that you might be exposed to content that is objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate.
In order to use the Services, you must first agree to the Terms. You can accept the Terms by:
- Clicking to accept to the Terms, where it is made available to you by Eat Me Service at the time of signing up; or
- Using the Services. In this case, you understand and agree that We will treat your use of the Services as acceptance of the Terms from that point onwards.
- Any other policies herein specifically referred to shall be deemed part and parcel hereof.
“User” or “You” or “Your” refers to you, as a user of the Services. A user is someone who accesses or uses the Services for the purpose of sharing, displaying, hosting, publishing, transacting, or uploading information or views or pictures and includes other persons jointly participating in using the Services including without limitation a user having access to ‘restaurant business page’ to manage claimed business listings or otherwise.
“Content” will include (but is not limited to) reviews, images, photos, audio, video, location data, nearby places, and all other forms of information or data. “Your content” or “User Content” means content that you upload, share or transmit to, through or in connection with the Services, such as likes, ratings, reviews, images, photos, messages, profile information, and any other materials that you publicly display or displayed in your account profile. “Eat Me Content” means content that Eat Me creates and make available in connection with the Services including, but not limited to, visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, software, aggregate ratings, reports and other usage-related data in connection with activities associated with your account and all other elements and components of the Services excluding Your Content and Third Party Content. “Third Party Content” means content that comes from parties other than Eat Me or its users and is available on the Services.
“Restaurant” means the restaurants listed on Eat Me and any related mobile or software applications of Eat Me.
3. Eligibility to use the services
i. You hereby represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age or above and are fully able and competent to understand and agree the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms. ii. Compliance with Laws. You are in compliance with all laws and regulations in the country in which you live when you access and use the Services. You agree to use the Services only in compliance with these Terms and applicable law, and in a manner that does not violate our legal rights or those of any third party(ies).
4. Changes to the terms
Eat Me may vary or amend or change or update these Terms, from time to time entirely at its own discretion and such amendments shall be brought to your attention. You shall be responsible to ensure continued compliance with these Terms as amended from time to time. Your use of Eat Me Platform after any such amendment or change in the Terms shall be deemed as your express acceptance to such amended/changed terms and you also agree to be bound by such changed/amended Terms.
5. Provision of the services being offered by Eat Me
i. Considering the form and nature of the Services which Eat Me provides, we may require effecting certain changes in it, therefore, Eat Me reserves the right to suspend/cancel, or discontinue any or all products or services at any time without notice, make modifications and alterations in any or all of its contents, products and services contained on the site without any prior notice.
ii. We, the software, or the software application store that makes the software available for download may include functionality to automatically check for updates or upgrades to the software. Unless your device, its settings, or computer software does not permit transmission or use of upgrades or updates, you agree that we, or the applicable software or software application store, may provide notice to you of the availability of such upgrades or updates and automatically push such upgrade or update to your device or computer from time-to-time. You may be required to install certain upgrades or updates to the software in order to continue to access or use the Services, or portions thereof (including upgrades or updates designed to correct issues with the Services). Any updates or upgrades provided to you by us under the Terms shall be considered part of the Services.
iii. In the event we disable/suspend/restrict access to your account, you may be prevented from accessing the Services, your account details or any files or other content, which is contained in your account.
iv. By using Eat Me’s Services you agree to the following disclaimers:
a. The Content on the Eat Me platform is only for informational purposes. Eat Me shall not be liable for any information that may have become outdated since the last time the particular piece of information was updated. Eat Me reserves the right to make changes and corrections to any part of the Content on the Platform at any time without prior notice. Eat Me does not guarantee quality of the Goods, the prices listed in menus or the availability of all menu items at any restaurant. Unless stated otherwise, all pictures and information contained on these Services are believed to be owned by or licensed to Eat Me. Please email a takedown request (by using the “Contact Us” link on the app) to the system administrator if you are the copyright owner of any Content on these Services and you think the use of the above material violates Your copyright in any way. Please indicate the exact image identifier in your request. All images shown here have been digitized by Eat Me. No other party is authorized to reproduce or republish these digital versions in any format whatsoever without the prior written permission of Eat Me.
b. Any certification, licenses or permits (“Certification”) or information in regard to such Certification that may be displayed on the Restaurant’s listing page on the Platform is for informational purposes only. Such Certification is displayed by Eat Me on an ‘as available’ basis that is provided to Eat Me by the Restaurant partner(s). Eat Me does not make any warranties about the validity, authenticity, reliability and accuracy of such Certification or any information displayed in this regard. Any reliance by a user upon the Certification or information thereto shall be strictly at such user’s own risk and Eat Me in no manner shall assume any liability whatsoever for any losses or damages in connection with the use of this information or for any inaccuracy, invalidity or discrepancy in the Certification or non-compliance of any applicable local laws or regulations by the Restaurant partner.
v. Eat Me reserves the right to charge subscription and/or membership fees from a user, by giving reasonable prior notice, in respect of any product, service or any other aspect of the Eat Me Platform anytime in future.
vi. Eat Me may from time to time introduce referral and/or incentive based program called “Eat Me Points” for its users (hereinafter called “Schemes”). These schemes maybe governed by their respective terms and conditions. By participating in the Schemes, Users are bound by the Program terms and conditions as well as the Eat Me Platform terms. Further, Eat Me reserves the right to terminate/suspend the User’s account and/or credits/points earned and/or participation of the User in the Program if Eat Me determines in its sole discretion that the User has violated the rules of the Program and/or has been involved in activities that are in contravention of the Program terms and/or Eat Me Platform terms or has engaged in activities which are fraudulent/unlawful in nature. Furthermore, Eat Me reserves the right to modify, cancel and discontinue its Program without notice to the User.
6. Use of services by you or user
Eat Me User Account Including ‘Claim Your Business Listing’ Access
You may also be able to register to use the Services by logging into your account with your credentials from certain third-party social networking sites. You confirm that you are the owner of any such social media account and that you are entitled to disclose your social media login information to us. You authorize us to collect your authentication information, and other information that may be available on or through your social media account consistent with your applicable settings and instructions.
In creating an account and/or claiming your business’ listing, you represent to us that all information provided to us in such process is true, accurate and correct, and that you will update your information as and when necessary in order to keep it accurate. If you are creating an account or claiming a business listing, then you represent to us that you are the owner or authorized agent of such business. You may not impersonate someone else, create or use an account for anyone other than yourself, provide an email address other than your own, create multiple accounts or business listings except as otherwise authorized by us, or provide or use false information to obtain access to a business’ listing on the Services that you are not legally entitled to claim. You acknowledge that any false claiming of a business listing may cause Eat Me or third parties to incur substantial economic damages and losses for which you may be held liable and accountable.
You are also responsible for all activities that occur in your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account in order to enable us to take necessary corrective action. You also agree that you will not allow any third party to use your Eat Me account for any purpose and that you will be liable for such unauthorized access.
By creating an account, you agree to receive certain communications in connection with Eat Me Platform or Services. For example, you might receive comments from other Users or other users may follow the activity to do on your account. You can opt-out or manage your preferences regarding non- essential communications through account settings.
In order to connect you to certain restaurants, we provide value added telephony services through our phone lines, which are displayed on the specific restaurant listing page on the Eat Me Platform, which connect directly to restaurants’ phone lines. We record all information regarding this call including the voice recording of the conversation between you, and the restaurant (for internal billing tracking purposes and customer service improvement at the restaurant’s end). If you do not wish that your information be recorded in such a manner, please do not use the telephone services provided by Eat Me. You explicitly agree and permit Eat Me to record all this information when you avail the telephony services through the Eat Me provided phone lines on the Eat Me Platform.
You agree to use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by (a) the Terms and (b) any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions.
You agree to use the data owned by Eat Me (as available on the Services or through any other means like API etc.) only for personal use/purposes and not for any commercial use (other than in accordance with ‘Claim Your Business Listing’ access) unless agreed to by/with Eat Me in writing.
You agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services by any means other than the interface that is provided by Eat Me, unless you have been specifically allowed to do so, by way of a separate agreement with Eat Me. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of the Services through any automated means (including use of scripts or web crawlers).
You agree that you will not engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Services (or the servers and networks which are connected to the Services). You shall not delete or revise any material
or information posted by any other User(s), shall not engage in spamming, including but not limited to any form of emailing, posting or messaging that is unsolicited. You shall not hack or gain unauthorized access to our systems, or other user accounts. You shall not attempt to do any of the above either. Any such activity or attempt thereof shall result with your account being suspended or terminated.
7. Other Content
Ownership of Eat Me Content and Proprietary Rights
We are the sole and exclusive copyright owners of the Services and our Content. We also exclusively own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names, trade dress and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world (the “IP Rights”) associated with the Services and Eat Me Content, which may be protected by copyright, patent, trademark and other applicable intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws. You acknowledge that the Services contain original works and have been developed, compiled, prepared, revised, selected, and arranged by us and others through the application of methods and standards of judgment developed and applied through the expenditure of substantial time, effort, and money and constitutes valuable intellectual property of us and such others. You further acknowledge that the Services may contain information which is designated as confidential by Eat Me and that you shall not disclose such information without Eat Me’s prior written consent.
You agree to protect Eat Me’s proprietary rights and the proprietary rights of all others having rights in the Services during and after the term of this agreement and to comply with all reasonable written requests made by us or our suppliers and licensors of content or otherwise to protect their and others’ contractual, statutory, and common law rights in the Services. You acknowledge and agree that Eat Me (or Eat Me’s licensors) own all legal right, title and interest in and to the Services, including any IP Rights which subsist in the Services (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). You further acknowledge that the Services may contain information which is designated as confidential by Eat Me and that you shall not disclose such information without Eat Me’s prior written consent. Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Eat Me, nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use any of Eat Me’s trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features.
You agree not to use any framing techniques to enclose any trademark or logo or other proprietary information of Eat Me; or remove, conceal or obliterate any copyright or other proprietary notice or source identifier, including without limitation, the size, color, location or style of any proprietary mark(s). Any infringement shall lead to appropriate legal proceedings against you at appropriate forum for seeking all available/possible remedies under applicable laws of the country of violation. You cannot modify, reproduce, publicly display or exploit in any form or manner whatsoever any of the Eat Me’s Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by Eat Me.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we neither warrant nor represent that your use of materials displayed on the Services will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with us. You agree to immediately notify us upon becoming aware of any claim that the Services infringe upon any copyright trademark, or other contractual, intellectual, statutory, or common law rights by following the instructions contained below in section XVI.
Your License to Eat Me Content
We grant you a personal, limited, non-exclusive and non-transferable license to access and use the Services only as expressly permitted in these Terms. You shall not use the Services for any illegal purpose or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms. You may use information made available through the Services solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to use, copy, display, distribute, modify, broadcast, translate, reproduce, reformat, incorporate into advertisements and other works, sell, promote, create derivative works, or in any way exploit or allow others to exploit any of Eat Me Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. Except as otherwise expressly granted to you in writing, we do not grant you any other express or implied right or license to the Services, Eat Me Content or our IP Rights.
Any violation by you of the license provisions contained in this Section may result in the immediate termination of your right to use the Services, as well as potential liability for copyright and other IP Rights infringement depending on the circumstances.
Eat Me License to Your or User Content
By submitting Your Content you hereby irrevocably grant Eat Me a perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, assignable, sub-licensable and transferable license and right to use Your Content (including content shared by any business user having access to a ‘restaurant business page’ to manage claimed business listings or otherwise) and all IP Rights therein for any purpose including API partnerships with third parties and in any media existing now or in future. By “use” we mean use, copy, display, distribute, modify, translate, reformat, incorporate into advertisements and other works, analyze, promote, commercialize, create derivative works, and in the case of third party services, allow their users and others to do the same. You grant us the right to use the name or username that you submit in connection with Your Content. You irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content brought against Eat Me or its Users, any third-party services and their users.
Representations Regarding Your or User Content
You are responsible for Your Content. You represent and warrant that you are the sole author of, own, or otherwise control all of the rights of Your Content or have been granted explicit permission from the rights holder to submit Your Content; Your Content was not copied from or based in whole or in part on any other content, work, or website; Your Content was not submitted via the use of any automated process such as a script bot; use of Your Content by us, third party services, and our and any third party users will not violate or infringe any rights of yours or any third party; Your Content is truthful and accurate; and Your Content does not violate the Guidelines and Policies or any applicable laws. If Your Content is a review, you represent and warrant that you are the sole author of that review; the review reflects an actual dining experience that you had; you were not paid or otherwise remunerated in connection with your authoring or posting of the review; and you had no financial, competitive, or other personal incentive to author or post a review that was not a fair expression of your honest opinion.
You assume all risks associated with Your Content, including anyone’s reliance on its quality, accuracy, or reliability, or any disclosure by you of information in Your Content that makes you personally identifiable. While we reserve the right to remove Content, we do not control actions or Content posted by our users and do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Content. You acknowledge and agree that Content posted by users and any and all liability arising from such Content is the sole responsibility of the user who posted the content, and not Eat Me.
We reserve the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove, block, or disable access to any Content that we, for any reason or no reason, consider to be objectionable, in violation of the Terms or otherwise harmful to the Services or our users in our sole discretion. Subject to the requirements of applicable law, we are not obligated to return any of Your Content to you under any circumstances. Further, the Restaurant reserves the right to delete any images and pictures forming part of User Content, from such Restaurant’s listing page at its sole discretion.You assume all risks associated with Your Content, including anyone’s reliance on its quality, accuracy, or reliability, or any disclosure by you of information in Your Content that makes you personally identifiable. While we reserve the right to remove Content, we do not control actions or Content posted by our users and do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Content. You acknowledge and agree that Content posted by users and any and all liability arising from such Content is the sole responsibility of the user who posted the content, and not Eat Me.
Third Party Content and Links
Third party content, including content posted by our users, does not reflect our views or that of our parent, subsidiary, affiliate companies, branches, employees, officers, directors, or shareholders. In addition, none of the content available through the Services is endorsed or certified by the providers or licensors of such third-party content. We assume no responsibility or liability for any of Your Content or any third-party content. You further acknowledge and agree that Eat Me is not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such websites or resources. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we expressly disclaim any liability for any offensive, defamatory, illegal, invasive, unfair, or infringing content provided by third parties.
User reviews or ratings for Restaurants do not reflect the opinion of Eat Me. Eat Me receives multiple reviews or ratings for Restaurants or Dishes by users, which reflect the sole opinia of the Users. It is necessary to state that each and every review posted on Eat Me is the personal opinion of the user/reviewer and none other. Eat Me is an independent platform, which solely provides a method of communication between users/reviewers including users or restaurant owners/representatives with access to restaurant business page. The advertisements published on the Eat Me Platform are independent of the reviews received by such advertisers. We are a neutral platform and we don’t mediate disputes, however in case if someone writes a review that the restaurant does not consider to be true, the best option for the restaurant representative would be to contact the reviewer or post a public response in order to clear up any misunderstandings. If the Restaurant believes that any particular user’s review violates any of the Eat Me’ policies, the restaurant may write to us at [email protected] and bring such violation to our attention. Eat Me may remove the review in its sole discretion if review is in violation of the Terms, or content guidelines and policies or otherwise harmful to the Services.
8. Content guidelines
You represent that you have read, understood and agreed to our Guidelines and Polices related to Photographic Content
“Redemption of Eat Me Points ” Scheme:
Eat Me Points can only be redeemed in the following circumstances:
a. One Eat Me Point shall be worth One Sri Lankan Rupee.
b. Users are entitled to redeem Eat Me Points only after earning a minimum of 1000 points.
c. Users may redeem Cash Points only at Eat Me partner restaurants and other establishments affiliated with Eat Me.
d. Cash Points shall be redeemable from partner restaurants from 1st November 2019.
e. To be entitled to use Cash Points at a participating Restaurant, a User must spend a minimum of LKR 1500 as the bill value (excluding, VAT, Service Charges and other levies or taxes that may be payable on the bill value).
f. The user can only redeem a maximum of 500 Cash Points on a calendar day per restaurant.
g. The redemption of points must be against one invoice and several invoices cannot be combined at the time of redemption.
h. Multiple users cannot pool/combine their Eat Me points together and redeem against a single invoice provided by the participating Restaurant.
i. The Cash Points can be redeemed for dine-in or takeaway as provided by the Restaurant.
10. Restrictions on use
Without limiting the generality of these Terms, in using the Services, you specifically agree not to post or transmit any content (including review) or engage in any activity that, in our sole discretion:
1.Violate our Guidelines and Policies;
2. Is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, indecent, defamatory, discriminatory, vulgar, profane, obscene, libelous, hateful or otherwise objectionable, invasive of another’s privacy, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling;
3. Constitutes an inauthentic or knowingly erroneous review, or does not address the goods and services, atmosphere,
or other attributes of the business you are reviewing.
4. Contains material that violates the standards of good taste or the standards of the Services;
5. Violates any third-party right, including, but not limited to, right of privacy, right of publicity, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
6. Accuses others of illegal activity, or describes physical confrontations;
7. Alleges any matter related to health code violations requiring healthcare department reporting. Refer to our Guidelines and Policies for more details about health code violations.
8. Is illegal, or violates any federal, state, or local law or regulation (for example, by disclosing or trading on inside information in violation of securities law);
9. Attempts to impersonate another person or entity;
10. Disguises or attempts to disguise the origin of Your Content, including but not limited to by: (i) submitting Your Content under a false name or false pretenses; or (ii) disguising or attempting to disguise the IP address from which Your Content is submitted;
11. Constitutes a form of deceptive advertisement or causes, or is a result of, a conflict of interest;
12. Is commercial in nature, including but not limited to spam, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, postings or reviews submitted or removed in exchange for payment, postings or reviews submitted or removed by or at the request of the business being reviewed, or other advertising materials;
13. Asserts or implies that Your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by us;
14. Contains material that is not in English or, in the case of products or services provided in foreign languages, the language relevant to such products or services;
15. Falsely states, misrepresents, or conceals your affiliation with another person or entity;
16. Accesses or uses the account of another user without permission;
17. Distributes computer viruses or other code, files, or programs that interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or electronic communications equipment;
18. Interferes with, disrupts, or destroys the functionality or use of any features of the Services or the servers or networks connected to the Services;
19. “Hacks” or accesses without permission our proprietary or confidential records, records of another user, or those of anyone else;
20. Violates any contract or fiduciary relationship (for example, by disclosing proprietary or confidential information of your employer or client in breach of any employment, consulting, or non-disclosure agreement);
21. Decompiles, reverse engineers, disassembles or otherwise attempts to derive source code from the Services;
22. Removes, circumvents, disables, damages or otherwise interferes with security-related features, or features that enforce limitations on use of, the Services;
23. Violates the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on the Services, if any, or bypasses or circumvents other measures employed to prevent or limit access to the Services;
24. Collects, accesses, or stores personal information about other users of the Services;
25. Is posted by a bot;
26. Harms minors in any way;
27. Threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of any Country or of the country of use, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation;
28. Modifies, copies, scrapes or crawls, displays, publishes, licenses, sells, rents, leases, lends, transfers or otherwise commercialize any rights to the Services or Our Content; or
29. Attempts to do any of the foregoing.
You acknowledge that Eat Me has no obligation to monitor your – or anyone else’s – access to or use of the Services for violations of the Terms, or to review or edit any content. However, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating and improving the Services (including without limitation for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation and customer support purposes), to ensure your compliance with the Terms and to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of legal process, a court, consent decree, administrative agency or other governmental body
You hereby agree and assure Eat Me that the Eat Me Platform/Services shall be used for lawful purposes only and that you will not violate laws, regulations, ordinances or other such requirements of any applicable Central, Federal State or local government or international law(s). You shall not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam mail, chain letters or any other form of solicitation, encumber or suffer to exist any lien or security interest on the subject matter of these Terms or to make any representation or warranty on behalf of Eat Me in any form or manner whatsoever.
11. User Feedback
If you share or send any ideas, suggestions, changes or documents regarding Eat Me’s existing business (“Feedback”), you agree that (i) your Feedback does not contain the confidential, secretive or proprietary information of third parties, (ii) Eat Me is under no obligation of confidentiality with respect to such Feedback, and shall be free to use the Feedback on an unrestricted basis (iii) Eat Me may have already received similar Feedback from some other user or it may be under consideration or in development, and (iv) By providing the Feedback, you grant us a binding, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, global license to use, modify, develop, publish, distribute and sublicense the Feedback, and you irrevocably waive, against Eat Me and its users any claims/assertions, whatsoever of any nature, with regard to such Feedback.
Please provide only specific Feedback on Eat Me’s existing products or marketing strategies; do not include any ideas that Eat Me’s policy will not permit it to accept or consider.
Notwithstanding the above mentioned clause, Eat Me or any of its employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new or improved products or technologies, product enhancements, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not submit any unsolicited ideas, original creative artwork, suggestions or other works (“Submissions”) in any form to Eat Me or any of its employees. The purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when Eat Me’s products or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to Eat Me. If, despite our request to not send us your ideas, you still submit them, then regardless of what your letter says, the following terms shall apply to your Submissions.
12. Terms of Idea Submission
You agree that: (1) your Submissions and their Contents will automatically become the property of Eat Me, without any compensation to you; (2) Eat Me may use or redistribute the Submissions and their contents for any purpose and in any way; (3) there is no obligation for Eat Me to review the Submission; and (4) there is no obligation to keep any Submissions confidential.
Some of the Services are supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions. These advertisements may be targeted to the content of information stored on the Services, queries made through the Services or other information. The manner, mode and extent of advertising by Eat Me on the Services are subject to change without specific notice to you. In consideration for Eat Me granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that Eat Me may place such advertising on the Services.
Part of the site may contain advertising information or promotional material or other material submitted to Eat Me by third parties or Users. Responsibility for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Eat Me Platform or mobile apps complies with applicable international and national law is exclusively on the party providing the information/material. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than Eat Me found on or through the Eat Me Platform and or mobile apps, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, shall be solely between you and such advertiser. Eat Me will not be responsible or liable for any error or omission, inaccuracy in advertising material or any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings or as a result of the presence of such other advertiser(s) on the Eat Me Platform and mobile application.
14. Additional Terms and Conditions for Users using the various services offered by Eat Me:
1. It is the sole responsibility of participating restaurant (“Restaurant”) to honor your order, as and Eat Me is only a conduit between you and the Restaurant. Eat Me shall not be liable for any acts or omissions on part of the Restaurant including deficiency in service, wrong delivery of order, quality of food, time taken to prepare or deliver the order, etc. Eat Me only provides a referencing service of dishes served by participating Restaurants.
2. It is hereby agreed that the liability for any violation of any law or regulation in force for Food Safety and Standards shall solely rest with the sellers/brand owners, vendors, Restaurant, importers or manufacturers of the food products of any nature.
3. Please note that some of the food may be suitable for certain ages only. You should check the dish you are ordering and read its description, if provided, prior to placing your order. Eat Me shall not be liable in the event food ordered by you does not meet your dietary or any other requirements and restrictions.
4. All prices listed on the Eat Me Platform are correct at the time of publication and as provided by users or have been placed as received from the Restaurant. While we take great care to keep them up to date, the final price charged to you by the Restaurant may change. Eat Me shall not be liable for any such discrepancy.
5. Liability Limitation: Eat Me is only a platform connecting users to the Restaurant and shall in not be liable in any manner howsoever and/or whatsoever for any acts or omissions on part of the Restaurant including but not limited to deficiency in service, wrong delivery of Orders, quality of food, time taken to prepare or any such acts or omissions. Notwithstanding anything set out herein, Eat Me’s aggregate liability for any or all claims arising from or in connection with your Order shall be limited to the amount paid by you at the time of placing the order via the Eat Me Platform.
15. Disclaimer of warranties, limitation of liability, and Indemnification
Disclaimer of Warranties
You acknowledge and agree that the services are provided “as is” and “as available” and that your use of the services shall be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, Eat Me, its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, branches, subsidiaries, and licensors (“Eat Me parties”) disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the services including mobile apps and your use of them. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Eat Me parties make no warranties or representations that the services have been and will be provided with due skill, care and diligence or about the accuracy or completeness of the services’ content and assume no responsibility for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the services, (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein, (iv) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the services, (v) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the services through the actions of any third party, (vi) any loss of your data or content from the services and/or (vii) any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the services.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the services is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or other device or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. The Eat Me parties will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of products or services. You are solely responsible for all of your communications and interactions with other users of the services and with other persons with whom you communicate or interact as a result of your use of the services. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from Eat Me or through or from the services shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms. Unless you have been expressly authorized to do so in writing by Eat Me, you agree that in using the services, you will not use any trade mark, service mark, trade name, logo of any company or organization in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorized user of such marks, names or logos.
Limitation of Liability
17. General Terms
The section and subject headings in these Terms are included for reference only and shall not be used to interpret any provisions of these Terms.
No failure or delay by us in exercising any right, power or privilege under the Terms shall operate as a waiver of such right or acceptance of any variation of the Terms and nor shall any single or partial exercise by either party of any right, power or privilege preclude any further exercise of that right or the exercise of any other right, power or privilege.
If any provision of these Terms is deemed unlawful, invalid, or unenforceable by a judicial court for any reason, then that provision shall be deemed severed from these Terms, and the remainder of the Terms shall continue in full force and effect.
Partnership or Agency
None of the provisions of these Terms shall be deemed to constitute a partnership or agency between you and Eat Me and you shall have no authority to bind Eat Me in any form or manner, whatsoever.
Governing Law/ Institution of Action
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Singapore. The Courts of law at Singapore shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising under this agreement.
For all Users: you must commence any legal action against us within one (1) year after the alleged harm initially occurs. Failure to commence the action within that period shall forever bar any claims or causes of action regarding the same facts or occurrence, notwithstanding any statute of limitations or other law to the contrary. Within this period, any failure by us to enforce or exercise any provision of these terms or any related right shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
Carrier Rates may apply
By accessing the Services through a mobile or other device, you may be subject to charges by your Internet or mobile service provider, therefore please verify the same as you will be solely responsible for any such costs incurred.
18. Notice of copyright infringement and grievance redressal mechanism
Eat Me shall not be liable for any infringement of copyright arising out of materials posted on or transmitted through the Eat Me Platform, or items advertised on the Eat Me Platform, by end users or any other third parties. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and require those that use the Services to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, remove or disable access to material on the Services that infringes upon the copyright rights of others. We also may, in our discretion, remove or disable links or references to an online location that contains infringing material or infringing activity. In the event that any users of the Services repeatedly infringe on others’ copyrights, we may in our sole discretion terminate those individuals’ rights to use the Services If you believe that your copyright has been or is being infringed upon by material found in the Services, you are required to follow the below procedure to file a notification in the prescribed form:
- Identify the copyrighted material that you claim has been infringed upon;
- Identify the material on the Services that you allege is infringing upon copyrighted material, and provide sufficient information that reasonably identifies the location of the alleged infringing material (for example, the username of the alleged infringer and the business listing it is posted under);
- Include the following statement: “I believe in good faith that the use of the content on the Services as described above is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law”;
- Include the following statement: “I swear under penalty of perjury that the information in my notice is accurate and I am the copyright owner or I am authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf”;
- Provide your contact information including your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
Send the written communication to:
Please note that you may be subject to liability if you knowingly make any misrepresentations on a takedown notice.
Photo Uploading Terms and Conditions
Eat Me Global (Private) Limited and/or its affiliates (“Eat Me” the “Company,” “we,” “us,” and “our,”) requires all users who upload images onto its platform to Agree to the following specific terms and conditions.
1. Copyright: You agree that, you have full right, title and interest in the photographs (“Photograph”, Photographs” “Dish Image” “Dish Images”, “Image”) you have uploaded to the platform. You further agree not to upload any photographs to the platform, which does not belong to you. Upon uploading of the photographs, and upon acceptance of the same to be published by us, you hereby agree to transfer and assign unto Eat Me, without reservation all economic and commercial rights in relation to the said photographs. You consent that Eat Me shall be entitled to use the images as we please for our purposes of howsoever nature. You further agree to waive your moral rights in relation to the said photographs so assigned. However, at our sole discretion, Eat Me may recognize you as the photographer of the such photographs accepted and give appropriate recognition. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT YOU SHALL NOT USE THE PHOTOGRAPH FOR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL PURPOSE ONCE THE PHOTOGRAPH IS ACCEPTED BY US.
2. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Eat Me platform from and against any third party claims, damages (actual and/or consequential), actions, proceedings, demands, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) suffered or reasonably incurred by us arising as a result of, or in connection with: (i) Your Content, (ii) your unauthorized use of the Services, or products or services included or advertised in the Services; (iii) your access to and use of the Services; (iv) your violation of any rights of another party; or (v) your breach of these Terms, including, but not limited to, any infringement by you of the copyright or intellectual property rights of any third party. We retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise and pay, without your prior consent, any and all claims or causes of action which are brought against us. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims.
3. Liability: Eat Me shall not be liable for any infringement of copyright arising out of materials posted on or transmitted through the Eat Me Platform, or items advertised on the Eat Me Platform, by end users or any other third parties. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and require those that use the Services to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, remove or disable access to material on the Services that infringes upon the copyright rights of others. We also may, in our discretion, remove or disable links or references to an online location that contains infringing material or infringing activity. In the event that any users of the Services repeatedly infringe on others’ copyrights, we may in our sole discretion terminate those individuals’ rights to use the Services If you believe that your copyright has been or is being infringed upon by material found in the Services, you are required to follow the below procedure to file a notification:
4. Quality and other photo uploading guidelines: (1) You will have to be within a 20 meter radius of a particular restaurant to upload a Dish Image to the Eat Me App. In the event you are not within the radius, you will not be allowed to upload the photograph to the App. (2) The dish image shall fulfill the following requirements (a) all images shall be in landscape mode, and shall contain a clear unambiguous and distinct emphasis on the dish that is being captured and uploaded. (b) the image shall be of high quality, with good lighting and suitable to be featured in the App. (c) The Photograph shall not contain any faces of persons, animals, letters, annotations or descriptions or any other objects unrelated to the Dish which is being displayed. (d) the photograph shall not be slanderous, scandalous or morally objectionable at the sole discretion of Eat Me. (3) you cannot submit more than one photograph per dish and you are free to submit a new photo in the event the photo previously submitted by you is rejected. In any event, if the photograph submitted by you is selected for display, you cannot submit any further images in respect of the same dish. (4) Eat Me has the right to restrict the number of dish image uploads per user at the sole discretion of Eat Me
5. Selection process: We shall endeavor to review each photograph uploaded by you in accordance with our selection criteria and suitability of the photograph to demonstrate the best presentation of the dish that is displayed in the photograph. We have the sole discretion in accepting or rejecting a photograph without assigning any reasons or explanation whatsoever. The internal review process shall be carried out within 2 business days, and the decision to accept or reject an image shall be notified via the Eat Me app itself. Our decision shall be final and you cannot appeal or request for further review of our decision.
6. Photos taken from other Media: We may access publicly displayed food photographs of various partner restaurants and such photographs may be shared to display the food items displayed on our platform. As far as practicable we shall notify you of such use and request you to claim your photographs on our platform. You may be eligible for Eat Me Points if your photographs are selected as featured photos on our platform.
7. Take Down Notice: In the event you do not wish to participate in our platform, and your photographs are used by us, please write to us by clicking on the below link or by using the “Claim your photo” feature, and we will review your request and remove such photographs you so request.
8. Featured Photos: You agree that in the event that any photographs are featured by us, you are entitled to “Eat Me Points” which are redeemable at participating stores.
9. Account deactivation: In the event your account is deactivated by you, Eat Me shall at its discretion continue to use such photographs and other content uploaded by you, unless you specifically request to delete user data. However, if you have claimed Eat Me points on such photographs, you are not entitled to request for the removal of such photographs.